Kawana Forest is a small locality located on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Australia.
Kawana Forest is officially located within the Meridan Plains suburb, and is part of the Sunshine Coast Region. Kawana Forest is located partly within the Caloundra urban centre 8 kilometres (5 mi) west-northwest of Caloundra, and is about an hour’s drive from Queensland’s capital city Brisbane.
Meridan Plains is named after an early property in the area, which was named from Aboriginal words meaning “place of kangaroos or dingoes”.
Kawana Forest Walking Trail – http://nationalparkodyssey.blogspot.com/2014/10/kawana-forest-walking-trail-sunshine.html
Kawana Forest quick facts
- Officially located within the Meridan Plains suburb
- The postcode is 4551
- Locally governed by the Sunshine Coast Regional Council
- Part of the Talara State College (Primary) and Meridan State College (Secondary) Queensland Government public school catchment zones. Students living in Kawana Forest attending Talara or Meridan can apply for a free bus pass via buslink.
- The State electorial district is Kawana
- The approximate population of Meridan Plains in 2011 was 1,699
Find this interesting? Even more statistics can be found here.
Kawana Forest Facilities and Infrastructure
- Pacific Lutheran College, a private P-12 school
- A small shopping complex (including)
- Kawana Forest Meeting Place
- Meridan Fields Sporting Complex
- Meridan AFL Fields 2 x state level AFL fields completion due during 2019
- Council Bus Link offers a service on Wednesday’s booking essential
- Kurrajong Park
- Kawana Forest 1km walking trail path (opposite Tulipwood Court)
- Forest Park
- Woodlands Park
- Approximately 2.7 km from the new Oceanside Health Hub consisting of the Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital and the Sunshine Coast Public University Hospital