Dear Kawana Forest Residents
We are now taking KaFRA memberships and renewals for only $10 per household!!!
We have had an amazing year and achieved so much due to the support of our wonderful new committee, valued members, grants from sponsors and support from local businesses.
What have we done this last 12 months (2018/2019):
– conducted another successful community Christmas party at the Kawana Forest Meeting Place
– conducted an active families fun day in Kurrajong Park on 2 June with over 100 people in attendance
– made a formal submission to and participated in the mayor’s special workshop on illegal verge parking in February
– provided feedback to council on options for aging playground equipment to be replaced later in the year
– provided feedback to council on the development of the Meridan Playing Fields AFL expansion
– liaised with council on local rubbish, gardens, traffic and parklands issues (including cleaning of Kawana Forest entry sign)
– cleaned up litter along Woodlands Boulevard and in our parks and streets
– provided advice to residents on various issues
– prepared and hand-delivered regular newsletters for residents outlining news from around the estate and supporting local businesses
– updated the KaFRA website
– revamped our Facebook page to provide a more active and responsive forum for local residents and promote various local events (https://m.facebook.com/KawanaForestResidents/)
– made successful applications for a number of community grants from McGrath Real Estate, Sunshine Coast Council, Grill’d Kawana & Stockland.
Thank you for the part, large or small, that YOU have played in this very successful year. We are now working on organising our Annual General Meeting (29 July) and our next big community event.
KaFRA represents the local Kawana Forest community by:
– keeping you informed on local community-related information
– ensuring our wonderful estate and surrounds are well-maintained
– liaising with council, state government and other parties to ensure our views are heard
– organising community engagement activities
Your support is critical to ensure we can continue to serve the local community and $10 is all it takes, this can be done by the following methods:
- Bendigo Bank (Caloundra Branch) BSB: 633000 Account Number: 134076280 Kawana Forest Residents Association. Please identify your payment by including your address in the payment information.
- You can also join by handing $10 in cash to any of our committee members, or in person prior to our first Monday of the month committee meetings at 5.30pm.
- Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a pickup if preferred
- Membership forms can be found here.
Frequently asked question:
Q. If I become a member what do I need to do?
A. Enjoy the community events we organise and know that we are here ensuring Kawana Forests best interests are being looked after.
Or, if you want to be involved let us know at email@example.com – as each year a new committee and sub-committees are elected, or maybe you would just like to help at a one-off event, become part of our newsletter distribution team, or you have a special skill you can assist with to help with our administration or running of events.
Q. I see you have received some grants so why do I need to contribute $10 per year?
A. Grants are great and go towards the cost of our events, but we always have out of pocket expenses, together with other small running costs to keep operating a Not for Profit organisation run by volunteers.