Jarrod Bleijie MP - Member for Kawana

Jarrod Bleijie MP: Improved road infrastructure nears completion

Happy new year to all Kawana Forest residents. I wish you all a healthy and happy 2017.

As I reported in my previous newsletter update, our recent community campaign for improved road infrastructure secured $22 million of funding and roadworks have commenced. However, it is clear that a broader solution to our traffic congestion on Kawana Way Link Road and Kawana Way is needed, including the construction of the $440M Mooloolah River Interchange. (more…)

Andrew Wallace MP at the My Aged Care Forum

My Aged Care Forum

Seniors community group, Sunshine 60 & Better Group Inc., recently hosted a free event at the Kawana Forest Meeting Place on Monday, 14 November. The event proved popular with over ninety people attending to learn more about the Aged Care Reforms and My Aged Care. (more…)

Kawana Way - Google Maps Street View

Kawana Way Link Road Upgrade

After a successful campaign attracting over 2,000 petition signatures, several parliamentary speeches, and my meetings with the Department of Main Roads, I am pleased to report that the state government has agreed to address the ever increasing traffic congestion at the intersection of Woodlands Boulevard and Kawana Way Link Road. (more…)